Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mango Sticky Rice

We had a few friends over last week, and enjoyed some Mango Sticky Rice (THANKS MIRIAM!) for dessert. It was not only easy peezy to make, but delicious too (even though I slightly undercooked the rice). This dessert was the perfect complement to a pineapple shrimp red curry. I thought I would share the recipe for all the adventurous Thai cooks out there - you know who you are!



RECIPE

MIX TOGETHER (in pot)
14 oz Can Coconut Milk (Miriam says that LIGHT coconut milk works just as well without all that fat)
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Calrose Rice
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Coconut Extract

Cook on HIGH, stirring, and bring to boil. Turn on LOW and place lid on pot. Cook for 30 - 35 minutes.

While rice mixture is cooking, cut mango into either slices or bite size pieces. Mango can go right on top of rice, mixed into, or as garnish on side. Serve warm or cool, whichever you prefer. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Jess said...

This was SO good, thanks for posting the recipe Ellen! I'm pretty sure that's my hand up there, eagerly digging in. I think I ate a pound of rice by myself that night...

Pamela said...

Holy Cow!! I'm impressed...you have motivated me to start experimenting with new dishes! :)