We've been inspired! Inspired by Kristine at
LimaBeanHome after she made
this post on her blog. Hamish and I are always looking for ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle (we just feel better about not creating a ton of waste). We also love supporting local farmers (if I lived in Idaho, I would sooooo go to the
Haunted World - which is owned and operated by my fun (slightly demented) farming uncles Scott and Steve!) - so Hamish made a quick call to Meadow Brooke Dairy Farm and guess who was at our door this morning? The milk man! He'll come on Tuesday mornings and pick up two empty glass jars in exchange for two bottles full of deliciously fresh MILK! And no plastic jugs or paper cartons to recycle! Hooray! Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure!


5 comments:
What a great thing! I love that the milk man delivers it right to your door. I can't really take the credit for this idea, though--I got the idea from my oh, so eco-friendly sister, Alisa. Rowan is such a cutie.
do you guys shop at the troy farmers market? They also do glass bottle milk exchange, and you can combine it with shopping for your fruit, veggies, eggs, and meat from local and organic farmers. It's open year-round just across the river in Troy - outdoor summer market should be opening maybe next week! Dan and I went almost every week last summer and loved it.
OH!! That is wonderful! I am so jealous...I wish we had a local dairy farm!! Enjoy!
We are definitely going to check out the farmer's market! However, having fresh milk delivered to your front steps is awfully hard to beat! :) I'm really looking forward to fresh/local veggies - especially since we don't have the sunlight to grow our own garden.
As you remember, we may have the sunlight to have a garden but also have the tropical bugs to match!!!! You'll have to get Chris to tell you about his garden. He's growing herbs and sugar peas. I too am jealous of the milkman, and I remember it being the norm when I was a kid. Your pics from Oregon look great, glad you were able to get home. Did you see our London blog? Chris and I went on an adventure!
We love you and miss you guys!! Come back to Hawaii soon!! K&Cxx
PS. Hamish, Chris is so interested in anatomy & physiology, (especially the nervous system)I wonder if one day he'll be headed for medicine?
Post a Comment