



Abby is a rescue whippet from NYC. Her last few families had a hard time keeping up with her puppy energy (she's one year old now) in the city and gave her up to a rescue group. Lucky us to have found her! Finding young whippet pups is a real rarity, so we definitely scored. She's a very chill hound who's puppy energy really comes through when she's first meeting/greeting someone. Other than that, she hardly seems like a puppy at all. She makes Dewey look like the real spaz in this family (which may not be that hard I guess). Speaking of Dewey, I think we just made his whole life by bringing this beautiful creature into the house. He LOVES her! He'll actually sit there and lick and nibble on her ears...it's almost a little embarrassing to witness. And she's so calm and good with Rowan. Our #1 concern is that this dog be good with kids, and she seems to be just that. Abby just needs a little training and to learn a few manners but she's already catching on - so that's a good sign. Not a nervous bone in her body. We have her for a few weeks before we make our final decision, but seriously, unless this doggie turns into a little monster suddenly, we're totally keeping her! More updates (and pictures) to follow.







5 comments:
Beautiful little pup.
Congrats, she is GORGEOUS - and yes a whippet pup / youngster is a true rare find! Sounds like you lucked out on her personality too.
Glad to hear Dewey has a slim and trendy new girlfriend as well, of course. :-)
Abby is a beautiful dog. I hope she continues to work out for you guys. I love the second picture. Congrats on having another little baby on the way. I think any time in October is a great time to have a baby...best month ever!
Ooo, I love whippets! She's a gorgeous one too! Also, I can't believe how big Rowan is. When I met the lad he was just a wee mite. Your family looks beautiful and happy!
Ellen, she's gorgeous! And so is Rowan, I might add. I always seem to miss you when you're in town, but I hope our paths cross soon. I'd like t meet that boy. Yay for #2! P.S. Are you going to find out the gender?
Post a Comment