Thursday, September 03, 2009

Pickle Party USA

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pickles

pickel party

Many of you have already read about Pamela's pickle party in the NW, so I thought I'd show you what was happening that same day in the NE. It took me 7 days, 6 hours, and 45 minutes to finally get my hands on decent pickling cucumbers AND proper dill. You'd think I was trying to track down rainbow colored, chocolate flavored cowboy boots with unicorns embroidered on the tips for my 57 year old father with all the investigating, calling, and tracking down I had to do. But I did prevail! Thank you Berry Patch! It was totally worth the 45 minute drive out to your lovely farm to get just what I needed. Anything to have my grandma Flossie's pickles at the tips of my fingers (and mouth) at any given moment. I have fond memories of chowing down on an entire quart when we'd visit Grandpa and Grandma Nebeker's house during the summers. I'm not even kidding, I had the hardest time pealing myself away from her jars of pickles.....my mouth is watering all over the keyboard as I type my way down memory lane.

And a big thanks goes out to little Miss Chloe Currie for all her help. PARTY!!!

4 comments:

Ethington Family said...

You guys make me look bad (not that it's hard to do). I had such grand plans to can and do all sorts of things. then I was gone when our stuff came ripe and ready. Truthfully, I was somewhat relieved. So I need to do better. Utah was so fun and it was great of you to comment. I love reading comments:)

Tammy said...

I know what you mean about yourmouth watering in delight~wish I could have joined your party!

Vanilla-mama said...

Rowan is beautiful!

Jess said...

if I have to click on your blog and see these pickles one more time... hehehe =)