Thursday, August 02, 2007

Little Niblet at 2 Days






We have been snapping lots of pictures in the hospital the last few days and I thought that we should share some of them. Little Niblet has been going through a lot of changes as time has slowly passed. He is starting to lose his massive cone head and forming a head that is slightly more normal. Well, normal maybe isn't the right word. He still has a pretty big noggin on top of his neck. I think that he might get that from his grandpa Michael. Well, hopefully its big because it is chock full of brains. I already know he's pretty smart because he's figured out that it's really nice to hang out nestled in Mama's bosom. Smart guy.

He's been a relaxed kid so far, but every once and a while he airs out his lungs with a lusty cry. I think Ellen has a better touch with getting him to calm down than I do. Maybe that has something to do with that equipment that she is carrying. I get to walk around with him quite a bit, but the hospital doesn't let us walk around in the halls holding him. I guess they are a little paranoid about someone falling and squishing a baby. That would be bad, so I understand. We mostly just hang around in the room. It's pretty cozy in here with our private room and Wi-Fi. The nurses have been great and leave us alone for the most part except when we ask for something. I was a little afraid that they would barge in more than they do. We have been really happy with the whole experience.

So we are going home today to live in the yurt (circular building, no center support, mongolian, made of yak skin)at the Nebeker compound for a while. It will be a little bit more work not having the nursery to pass Niblet off to when we really need to sleep, but we have lots of family and friends around to help us out if we need it. I think that Ellen knows what she's doing, though. And I'll learn as I go.

As far as the pictures go, that brunette with Ellen, Niblet, and me is Alisha, the midwife. She did a great job getting Ellen through the whole labor with gentle prodding and much needed encouragement at some really intense moments. It was perfect.

2 comments:

Chocolate-daddy said...

Awe, your niblet is soooooooo cute. Congratulations to both of you. You guys will make great parents. Welcome to the world of parenthood. We've been parents for 7 days :)

Angela, Aiden & Lac

Chocolate-daddy said...

Awe, your niblet is soooooooo cute. Congratulations to both of you. You guys will make great parents. Welcome to the world of parenthood. We've been parents for 7 days :)

Angela, Aiden & Lac