Jess, Rowan and I made a quick trip to Maine earlier this month and were lucky enough to stay with Jess's family in Camden the whole time. While this wasn't technically my first time in Maine (I spent an afternoon with my parents in southern Maine back in 2006 on our New England trip) I think it is safe to say it was my first real trip to Maine. That included a personal tour guide from a real Mainer and her really hospitable parents.
As you'll see from the pictures below, we not only had a Camden experience, but one from a toddler's perspective. Our activities were more than a little influenced by the 22 month-old kid running, climbing, and spinning round and round at our sides. I'm happy to report that Camden is one of the more family friendly towns I've ever been to. With it's harbor and it's BOATS! It's PARKS! with SLIDES! It's library with all the children's BOOKS! TRAINS! and the climbable LIGHTHOUSE! Oooooh! And equally as fun was the Camden Harbor Park & Amphitheater right next to the library. That's where Rowan met Esme and her chocolate lab puppy Rosie Pancakes (named by Esme). Too cute! We loved all the charming little shops Camden has lining it's cute downtown, complete with a little stream running below a section of downtown with the DUCKS! and ROCKS! to thrown into the water down below! Rowan was in heaven. Rowan also scored a pair of new BOOTS! and a BALLOON! from Reny's. And when we were back at the Warren's house it was all about ICKY! a.k.a. the beloved family black lab OAKLEY. Oakley and Rowan were buddies right from the start. And when the jumbo leggo set was brought down from the attic, we all heard a squeal of delight spring forth from Rowan's lungs like I had never heard before. Rowan was exceedingly happy and thrilled with his surroundings, and thus, we were all able to enjoy ourselves too.
A big thanks to the Warrens and the Kyles for such a great time. We hope to back again sometime!
WARNING! Several pictures of Rowan lay ahead. Proceed with caution!
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Rowan is *beautiful*!
Love all the pictures of Rowan...I could have looked at more. He is so adorable! Looks like a great time.
Post a Comment