Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Family Portrait Silhouettes

Photobucket

Portraits and silhouettes have been pretty hot lately - have you noticed? I feel like they are everywhere, which is fine with me since I LOVE them! I'd been thinking about creating some family portraits for us for quite some time when I came across this clip a few months ago on Martha Stewart. I was convinced I could do it! I got all my fabric from my favorite fabric shop and off I went. Here's the final result. I did not use paint however - I used a really dark sateen fabric I found at Joanne's for the actual silhouette profile (backed with a Heat-n-Bond type material, traced the silhouettes onto the paper and then cut it out). Email me if you're interested in doing this project and I'll help out any way I can. I love the way ours turned out!

The only think is that I'll need to add another profile to the bunch sometime around October 31st.....since I'm PREGNANT! We're still trying to decide if Halloween is a good day to be born on......what do you think?

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Ellen, CONGRATULATIONS! You are such a cute mommy, I can tell you just love little Rowan to pieces.

And I love the profiles!

Anonymous said...

I would have to say that the day before Halloween is the best. I have experience in this, I know what I'm talking about.

Unknown said...

I love your profile pics. You did an awesome job. Thanks for giving me the idea. I don't know about a Halloween baby, but I think you should shoot for October. That way we both have a July and October baby:).

MKMT said...

Ellen, will you make these for my family since I don't have a crafty bone in my body?

Brian Adair Fam said...

These are so fun!! They turned out really well. And to know that you get to add 2 more (1 for Abby and 1 for the new baby) is so exciting! We're so happy for you guys. I love checking out what you've been up to and all the creative things you're doing. Your mom definitely passed down her creativity to all of you!!

Allens, Inc. said...

Don't listen to Miriam, she maybe has ONE crafty bone.... Congratulations! One of the best people I know was born on Halloween, so I condone that move. Fun that this little one will have a Taggart friend so close in age!